We are dedicated to providing you with info on Utah auto insurance, Utah home insurance and Utah life insurance. Please subscribe to our feed so that you will be notified of all of our updates.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

More Rental Car FAQ's


I am back in Utah and happy to be home. It is kind of neat to fly over the valley just as the sun is setting. The lights are all on dotting the streets, yet there is still just enough sunlight to see the roads, buildings and parks so that you can recognize where you're at. I like to try and find the Y on the hill in Provo, and Thanksgiving Point in Lehi and the gym we used to work out at in Salt Lake. My daughter slept for the whole flight home which was a blessing because she was running all over the plane on the way there. We all loved Sea World and the Zoo, and we all got a little sun burned from being out all day. I will post pictures tomorrow, I left the camera at my house. I wanted to add just one more thing about renting cars and getting insurance for them.

One point that I didn't mention in my last post was that if you cause any damage to a rental car they are going to charge you up front for the repairs. Basically if you cause $5,000 of damage then they are going to charge your credit card $5,000 (remember you gave them your card before they gave you the keys.) It will then be your responsibility to call your insurance company, file a claim and go through that process with them. They will work out all of the details with the rental company and send you a check for the amount that they would have given to the rental company (which may be less than you were charged.) This is just one more thing to consider when renting a car. As always please check with your insurance agent before making any decisions about insurance. Check back later this week for new posts and Drive Safely!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey that's a really nice post, really informative, now i know what look for, nice blog keep it up...

1976 Chevrolet Shop Manuals

Subscribe Now: Get Updates Automatically

Find Old Insurance Posts

About Me

I am an insurance agent serving clients throughout the state of Utah. My goal with this blog is to help people from Salt Lake to Provo down to St. George and all the way back up to Tremonton better understand their insurance. Please let me know if there are any topics you would like to know more about.